Well I’ve been thinking about messing with putting Linux onto my TR3 after college lets out.
I’ve been doing a lot of research but I haven’t been able to find the answer to several questions…
1. Is there a way to make the side buttons on the monitor work, and if so how?
2. Is there a way to make the Fn + X keys work, and if so how?
3. Can you setup it up to tell the sonypi drivers to dim the screen automatically when you unplug the laptop, and if so how?
4. Is there a GUI front-end for the sonypi drivers (I have no problem with the command line, I’m just curious)?
5. Is there a way to make the built in wireless work on a wireless network using LEAP authentication (this is probably the most oddball question I have but its what my school uses so its a must), once again and if so how?
6. Will I be able to use a bluetooth mouse (already have the bluetooth upgrade done)?
Also, if at all possible, I’d rather have distro neutral solutions (I’ll be using Slackware reguardless though), but its not a must (I’m sure I can find a way to make something Red Hat, Gentoo, Mandrake, etc. specific work). Any help on these questions would be very much apprieciated.